Monday, June 7, 2010

Vamos RAFA , Numero Uno !

Confessions !
I stop watching French Open 2009 , the moment after Rafael Nadal lost to Soderling in the Round of 16th.

It was sad, very2 sad as he was hit with injury & have to leave Roland Garros, where he was the champion for the last 4 consecutive years..

And not only I stop buying / browsing tru any Tennis Magazine, I did also stop watching Ace , Sportscentre... etc.. all ATP Tourney and all Grand Slam.. as I knew he wont make it even to the quarter Final.. and it's sad for me to watch he left the Tourney earlier.

But never that I stopped to follow him and his updates !
The feelings is unexplainable .

And when he's back in 2010 Clay Court season with all the 3 ATP Title winning streak.. I knew Rafa is back.. and hell yeah !!!!

To beat Robin Soderling in the FINAL is the sweetest revenge ever !!! The guy who was labelled as the Giant Killer.. but the Killer has been stopped !

2010 French Open was the best ever.. I tend not to miss any match , at any nights , as all matches are important , esp the one in Rafa's draw.. and boy I was right....

I survived no nite out , just to be sure that I wont miss any of his match..

Nadal became the first player in a season to win the four biggest clay court titles in tennis as he won the three ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments (Monte-Carlo, Rome, Madrid) and Roland Garros.

Between the four tournaments, Nadal won 51 of 53 sets and he became the second player at Roland Garros to win the title twice without dropping a set. Two years ago he did it.

Bjorn Borg accomplished the feat in 1978 and ’80.
Nadal returns to No. 1 in the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings and the Spaniard last ranked No. 1 the week of June 29, 2009. He will also enter Wimbledon No. 1.

The Final last night was breathtaking.. regardless it was Soderling , I knew that Nadal hardly lose to the same person twice.

He lost to Federer in 2007 , he won it back in 2008 ! Vamos..

there is another 2 Grand Slam for the year , Wimbledon & US Open , but French Open is always the Favourite as this is the one & only Trophy that can only held by the King of Clay .

Vamos Rafa.

No comments: