Thursday, April 21, 2011

Energizer Nightmare Race..

I think by this, time u have heard it everywhere in FB , Twitter , blog and even newspapers about the Energizer " Nightmare " Night Run Race...

You have even read about it in this lovely lady's blog too..

Couldn't complaint much as this is my first run, and still it's my most happiest moment to share..

Due to the hectic working schedule, I was under trained & over worked.. even I did it in the first place for my hubby.. Being used to wait for him to finished his half marathon 21km can at times kill me to death.. so this time I decided to Run : To kill the time...

my first ever Running Bib & my lucky Number 1822. And being a Die hard Fan if Rafael Nadal , I insisted on wearing the Vamos Rafa cap ;)

I only managed to run on Friday , a short one 4.5KM , still not serious and its already one day before the Race Day... where I'm supposed to run 5.5KM !

Hubby came back on Friday Night ( yes he was away the whole week .. ) and the next morning we ate a lot.. heavy bfast of Nasi lemak , Ayam Kampung for lunch.. and I wondered how am I going to run on the said night...
We were actually late.. still , I'm so excited the moment we reach SIC.. yeay ! I'm
going to Run on F1 Circuit.. hell yeah !!!!

Like I said , We were actually late.. reached there around 7pm.. but thanks to frens who reached earlier.. we managed to park at the VIP Parking .. and yeah , it's Free !!!

No one checking & just show the confident turning right at the area.. huhh.. you can see already how bad the organizer was.. when I heard most of the peeps were charged RM10 for parking..;(

Me & Esmen, myDear's fren & training Buddy , he's already and Ironman.. and this is just a fun run for him after his long break form all the running activities due to some accident last year..

From the carpark , 5 mins walk to the area where we can see most of the people are already ready with the head lamp..

Ok, normal scenarios in every event : meeting frens , taking photos etc.. hi & bye..
And we can see that it's not that okay that we couldn't find where to get the Head Lamp .. we have to asked as no signages , and some of the crew ( we guess so - as they are wearing Energizer Comittee T-shirt ) also didn't manage to answer our questions...

Hmm I wonder what are their job function in the first place...
Selling Mineral water for RM3 ??? Crazy , people don't bring a lot of money when they came to run lah.. apalah ...

By the time we found the place to get the Head Lamp : it was already a chaos... they just put the box on the floor and everybody was grabbing for it.. hmm.. we smells that this is just not right...
by this time its already getting dark , we start changing to our running shoes.. & put all the stuffs inside the bags.. And another problem , where's the Baggage Area : its a place where all the runners put the bag & their stuffs ..

Again we have to go round & round and ended up seing a very long queue.. that we never seen in any race before just for a Baggage Area..

So myDear decided we walked back to the car & put it inside the car instead, that will take only 10 mins compared to I guess half an hour if we join the queue...

By the time we reached back , I'm already a bit tired.. and its time for myDear to start his race : 21km starts at 8pm while mine 5.5km was at 830pm...

And yes, by this time can already feel the heat.. yes, I'm running on F1 Circuit yeay !!!!!!!!