Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Golden Nadal..


Phew.. mission accomplished again??
Yes, Rafael Nadal is the Single Men's Tenis - Gold Medal Winner
Beijing Olympic 2008.. yahooo.

I just don't want to be too excited the whole Beijing event..
Don't want to be too ambotious ?? No ?
He just seems to be unbeatable..
Rafa Nadal will celebrate his rise to the top of the world on Monday as the new Olympic champion after a straight sets victory over Chilean Fernando Gonzalez in Beijing on Sunday.
The irresistible Spaniard triumphed 6-3 7-6 (7-2) 6-3 to secure another high point in his remarkable season and send him off to the US Open in style as he bids to claim his third Grand Slam crown in a row.


The Olympic title was his eighth of 2008 and the 31st of his career. He is the highest-ranked player to win the men's singles at the Games, in his record 160th and last week as the number two, before being the first left-hander for ten years to get to the top of the rankings – despite still considering Roger Federer to be better.
"When I got to Beijing I was incredibly tired and the first few days practicing were very hard" admitted Rafa. "The only reason I was able to win was the lift I got from living in the Olympic village. Being among many other great athletes was fantastic. And the support I got from the rest of the Spanish team was amazing.
"Although they don't know it, it was thanks to them that I somehow found the energy and mental strength to get the gold medal. I would not have been able to manage this from a hotel, however luxurious it was. The feeling at the end on the podium was indescribable. I am very happy to have made it to Olympic champion.

"The Olympic Games are very special. I know in tennis the grand slams are a little bit more important. But here you only have one chance every four years.
For sportsmen, the Olympic Games are more important than anything.
I feel like I win for all my country. That's more special, no? I win for a lot of people, not only for me.
Vamos Rafa...
'The Greater the Opponent, The Greater the Victory'.

No comments: